Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Bon Iver - Self-titled LP



Earlier this week I posted the link to "Calgary" the first track off of the new Bon Iver album and I expressed my hope that we might hear the full album before its actual release date. Well, faster than I could have even hoped, the album popped up on the interwebs in its entirety. The sophomore effort from the Justin Vernon-led band was recorded in an old veterinary clinic that Vernon and his brother bought and converted to a recording studio located just minutes from their childhood home and the bar where their parents met. I can't say enough good things about the album. It is accessible without being cheesy or oversimplified, it is catchy, it is classy. Anyway, you probably don't care that much what I think of it, so download it yourself and you be the judge. Click here for the zip file.

1 comment: