Monday, March 21, 2011

Robin Pecknold (of Fleet Foxes) (and Ed Droste of Grizzly Bear to boot!)





One of the best albums of 2008 was the eponymous debut album from Fleet Foxes. Their sophomore effort Helplessness Blues, and its lead (and title) single, has generated the usual anticipation that accompanies any buzzband’s second album. Will it be buzzworthy? Will they be lauded by lamestreamers like Mumford & Son were last year? What do you want this album to sound like?
In an effort to generate more buzz, and perhaps to satiate our aural appetite before the album’s inevitable leak [edit - the album has leaked now, so there goes that.] Robin Pecknold released a 3 song EP aptly named Three Songs.  The Fleet Foxes guitarist and lead vocalist pairs up with Grizzly Bear’s Ed Droste on one track. Check out the EP here (via Stereogum) and the lead single from the new album here. [Link has been updated for access to the entire album] 
I've only just found this link now, so we can all give it a first listen together! Enjoy!




EDIT: It turns out that it was a fake floating around the interwebs. Sorry for the false alarm, I wrote the blog yesterday and as is my usual routine, I did a file search before posting to ensure that I wasn't missing an entire album leak... I got duped, what can I say? It happens. Here is the lead single from Helplessness Blues, also titled Helplessness Blues. Enjoy, and I promise the next time I tell you this album is available, it actually will be. Carry on now.


No comments:

Post a Comment